TB Essay Date Extension
Dear Sir / Madam,
Subject: Extension of the Last Date for Submission of Essay (Report) to 30th October 2017. ( Shreeram Radhakrishnan Memorial Trust )
Ref.: Competition on ‘Campaign against TB Menace in the Society — Essay ( Report) and Presentation.
Greetings from our Trustees. Based on the requests from students and some schools we wish to inform you that we have postponed the last date for the submission of the Essay (Report) to the 30th of October 2017.
Based on the feedback we wish to clarify the following:
1) There is no limit on the number of words or pages for the submission of the Essay (Report).
2) The Essay (Report) should contain interaction with doctors / patients/ relatives and friends of the patients. This will help in the first hand understanding of the dreaded disease and the spreading of its awareness.
3) Photographs of interactions with patients (need not disclose their identity/it will be kept confidential at our side)/ Original poster on TB Menace will fetch additional marks.
4) Discussions with doctors / patients / relatives and their opinions/suggestions will also have added weightage.
5) The Essay (Report) can be submitted by an individual student or it can be a combined effort of a team of two or three students.
6) The competition is open to students from the 8th to the 12th standard and it can be submitted in English or in Marathi. In case students from a lower standard wish to participate out Trust will consider their submissions also.
The prize money offered is quite substantial. In case we get sponsors we may increase the number of prizes also.
We wish to stress again --- TB has assumed massive proportions in India. Our country has the dubious distinction of having the maximum number of TB patients and the maximum number of deaths due to TB. The same holds for MDR TB also which is spreading fast and is many times worse than cancer.
To stress the importance of the menace of TB we wish to state again that more than 400 million Indians are infected with the TB Bacilli (Latent TB). (We can get it from Classrooms, Coaching classes, AC Taxis, Theatres, etc.). If we are aware of how TB spreads we can protect ourselves and others.
Please encourage your children to participate. The students who participate will act as Ambassadors of the Campaign Against the Menace of TB.
Thanking you in advance.
R. Radhakrishnan (9224284929)